Folic Acid Tablets
Beeline Folic Acid Tablets 400 mcg tablet
Beeline Folic Acid plays a vital role in the prevention of very serious common birth defects and contributes to normal maternal tissue growth during pregnancy. It significantly reduces the risk of neural tube defects developing in the foetus during pregnancy. Research has proved that folic acid helps prevent women giving birth to babies with neural tube defects such as spina bifida. It is recommended that folic acid be taken for 14 weeks prior to pregnancy and for 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Other research has found that folic acid may also play an important role in the prevention of heart disease.
Benefits of Folic Acid
- Reduces risk of heart disease. Homocysteine is a blood protein that was largely ignored until relatively recently. A high level of homocysteine in the blood is a risk factor for most forms of atherosclerosis (heart disease). A study published in May 1966 in the American Journal of Epidemiology found that people who suffered heart attacks had lower levels of both dietary and plasma folic acid. The risk for stroke is even greater. Further research supports the view that folic acid supplementation may help reduce the risk caused by elevated levels of homocysteine.
- Reduces risk of birth defects. Many Health Authorities recommend that women planning a pregnancy take a daily 400 microgram folic acid supplement. This should start before conception until at least the 12th week of pregnancy. Studies have shown that daily supplementation with folic acid significantly reduces the risk of first occurrence neural tube defects such as spina bifida (Lancet Vol 338 20/7/91).
- Beeline Folic Acid comes in a handy 90 tablet packs of 400mcg tablets, which is the recommended daily dosage.
- Bulking Agents: Cellulose, Corn Starch, Sorbitols
- Anti-Caking Agents: Polyethyleneglycol, Polyvinylpyrrolidone, Magnesium Salts of Fatty Acids
- Folic Acid
- Product may contain Lactose (from Milk)
Nutrition Per Tablet % NRV*
- Folic Acid 400mcg 200%
*NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
Suggested Daily Usage
- Take one tablet daily with water.
- Beeline Folic Acid should be taken daily at least 14 weeks before becoming pregnant and continued into the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.
- Due to a significant portion of pregnancies being unplanned, many governments recommend all women of childbearing age should take folic acid daily.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.