Looking After Your Health Post-Lockdown
Covid-19 has influenced a healthier lifestyle in Ireland. Survey highlights the importance of food supplements for our health post-lockdown, and that people are consciously choosing healthier foods. Most adults in Ireland say they are not getting enough vitamins and nutrients through their diet alone.
A study into Looking After Your Health Post-Lockdown has highlighted the importance of food supplements for our post-lockdown health. Most adults say that they are not getting enough vitamins and nutrients through their diet alone. The reason people in Ireland are taking food supplements is for health and wellbeing. The survey states that the pandemic has influenced a change in families lifestyles. People are also consciously choosing healthier foods and exercising more.
Post-Lockdown Health Survey
A nationwide study has been conducted to survey how adults across Ireland intend to look after their health post-lockdown. A total of 1,000 adults in Ireland were surveyed nationwide in research for the Irish Health Trade Association (IHTA).
The study highlights that Covid-19 has influenced lifestyle changes with dietary supplements being important for health and wellbeing, and people are consciously choosing to eat healthier foods.
How Will We Look After Our Health Post Lockdown?
Some key findings of the research include:
- The pandemic has influenced a change in lifestyles by families across Ireland. Over 40% of people are more concerned about health and wellbeing.
- Most adults are buying food supplements, and consider dietary supplements an important part of a healthy diet.
- The majority of people do not believe that they get enough vitamins and nutrients within their diet alone.
- Adults are also consciously choosing healthier foods.
Covid-19 Lifestyle Influences
Over 40% of people are more concerned about their health and wellbeing since coronavirus hit. Covid-19 has influenced a change in the lifestyle of their family, according to 36% of survey respondents. Of this, 63% exercise more and 47% eat better.
Heathy Food Choices
According to the study, people in Ireland are consciously choosing healthier foods.
- 32% have chosen to buy sugar free foods.
- 23% have chosen organic food.
- 16% have chosen vegetarian food.
Dietary, nutritional or food supplements deliver vitamins, minerals and nutrients that may not be consumed in adequate levels within our diets. Findings from the national survey highlight the importance of supplements for people in Ireland post-lockdown.
- 59% of adults are buying food supplements.
- 48% of adults consider dietary supplements an important part of a healthy diet.
- 53% of people do not believe they get sufficient vitamins and nutrients through diet alone.
- 84% of those who take supplements take them all year round.
- 66% take supplements every day.
- The average household expects to spend €40 per month on supplements.
- 23% of people are buying new supplements since the Covid-19 pandemic hit.
Why Do People Take Supplements?
According to the survey, the main reasons people take supplements are:
- To maintain and improve health and wellbeing.
- To support the immune system.
- To target a specific deficiency.
Vitamin D Supplements
With supporting the immune system along with general health and wellbeing being the top reasons for taking supplements, it is no surprise that vitamin D is the most popular supplement among survey respondents. 61% of adults take a vitamin D supplement post-lockdown.
Vitamin D is vital for good health. It supports a properly functioning immune system, which helps fight infections. Our article discusses the benefits of vitamin D in more detail.
Beeline Healthcare have a range of vitamin D supplements for all age groups to provide the recommended daily allowance. These include vitamin D3 tablets, a vitamin D spray and a vitamin D effervescent drink.
Multivitamins are the second most popular supplement with 47% taking a multivitamin supplement post-lockdown.
Multivitamins are a multi-nutrient supplement that provide a combination of key nutrients to contribute to good health. Our article discusses the benefits of multivitamins.
Beeline Healthcare have a range of multivitamin supplements in tablet or soluble effervescent tablets, including a range for vegetarians and vegans.
Vitamin C Supplements
Vitamin C is also popular amongst survey respondents. 36% of adults take a vitamin C supplement post-lockdown.
Vitamin C is essential for supporting good health and a healthy immune system to fight infections. Our article discusses the benefits of vitamin C.
Beeline have a range of Vitamin C supplements covering vitamin C tablets, chewable tablets and effervescent tablets.
Our Health is Our Wealth
In Ireland, the covid-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of our health. According to the survey for the Irish Health Trade Association (IHTA), people are exercising more, eating better and taking dietary supplements for health and wellbeing.
Source: Irish Health Trade Association Survey