Evening Primrose Oil is a very good source of Gamma Linolenic Acid. It is good for supporting the female metabolism by maintaining hormonal balance, healthy skin, nails and supple joints. Many women take Evening Primrose Oil supplements before and during menstruation to help with the negative symptoms of PMS, as well for helping with hot flashes during menopause and GLA has also been found to benefit arthritis sufferers.
Evening Primrose Oil Capsules
Beeline Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg Capsules x 30
Beeline Evening Primrose Oil capsules with Vitamin E are a rich source of Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA). This plays an important role in female metabolism by maintaining hormonal balance, healthy skin and supple joints. Many women take Evening Primrose Oil supplements before and during menstruation to help with the negative symptoms of PMS, as well as during menopause.
Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA)
Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) is an essential fatty acid, which is an important element of balanced nutrition. Beeline Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) with Vitamin E capsules supplement the diet with this unique polyunsaturated fat, which is a healthy fat.
Viral infections can affect the ability of the body to make Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA). The resulting GLA shortage can lead to an impaired immune system. Research studies have shown that people with chronic fatigue (post viral) syndrome benefited from taking GLA and EPA.
EPO is obtained from the seeds of the evening primrose plant.
Linoleic Acid is a component of many vegetable oils, which can be converted to GLA. However, many people can have difficulties with the conversion process. Factors inhibiting the conversion include viruses such as cold and flu, stress, alcohol, saturated fats, ageing and lacking certain nutrients in the diet.
GLA provides the building blocks for the manufacture of certain hormone like substances called prostaglandins. These can have beneficial regulatory effects on the immune system, circulation and the menstrual cycle.
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
Many women find that Evening Primrose Oil supplements taken before and during menstruation, as well as during the menopause, can be of benefit in helping to alleviate the associated negative symptoms of PMS.
Evening Primrose Oil Benefits
- Evening Primrose Oil is one of the richest sources of Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), an essential fatty acid that provides the building blocks for female hormones. It thereby helps to provide hormonal balance.
- It plays a key role in female metabolism by maintaining hormonal balance, healthy skin and supple joints.
- Healthy hair: Evening Primrose Oil can help enhance hair lustre.
- Smooth skin: the supplement can help maintain smooth supple skin.
- Healthy nails: Those suffering from brittle or split nails have found that EPO strengthens nails.
- It may help relieve some negative symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
- It may help with the side effects of menopause, such as reducing the severity of hot flashes.
- Arthritis GLA has also been found to benefit arthritis sufferers. The Arthritis and Rheumatism Council (UK) acknowledge that Evening Primrose Oil and fish oil may be helpful, when incorporated as part of a healthy diet.
- Beeline Evening Primrose Oil capsules are formulated for daily use.
- Evening Primrose Oil
- Capsule Shell (Gelatin, Glycerol)
- Vitamin E.
Recommended Daily Intake
One or two capsules to be taken once a day with liquid. Women who are pregnant or planning a pregnancy should consult their doctor before taking vitamins or mineral supplements.
Questions Evening Primrose Oil
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.